5 reasons to choose glass over wood deck railings
If you look around your neighbourhood you’ll probably see a lot of wood railing on decks and balconies. It has been a popular choice for a while. But wood is susceptible to mould and rot, making it look dirty and uncared for. Worse, it becomes unsafe, and requires replacement. Fortunately, there is another option that consistently remains attractive no matter the style. Plus it’s incredibly durable: Glass.
Glass deck railing is timeless, appealing just as much today as it did decades ago. It's modern with a clean aesthetic that is both sophisticated and minimalist. Customization and other additional benefits make glass a top choice among homeowners looking for new railing. In this article, we’ll go over 5 reasons to choose glass deck railing over wood.
- View--The beauty of glass is that you can see through it. Therefore it doesn’t obstruct your view. Having an unobstructed view of your natural surroundings, or to keep an eye on kids and pets in the yard is one of the most sought-after features in glass balcony railing.
- Privacy--For those who prefer privacy, exterior glass railing is completely customizable. You can tint it, etch it, colour it, add a pattern to it, etc. The possibilities are near endless to design exactly the opacity and the look you want.
- Protection--Because glass deck railing uses sheets of exceptionally strong, tempered glass, it blocks wind, noise, and blowing rain, thus affording more protection than wooden bannisters or slats.
- Safety--enjoy peace-of-mind knowing there is nothing for children to climb on or pets to squeeze through in glass railing.
- Low Maintenance--Glass railing does not deteriorate, dry out or rot. The steel fasteners holding it in place will not rust. Simply wipe with a cloth and squeegee dry to maintain their perfect sparkle.