Factors affecting the price of interior glass railing systems
Elegant, yet strong.
Interior glass railing is a dazzling feature of beautiful, contemporary spaces. It is durable, safe, and so customizable it can be incorporated anywhere. With so much to like, you may wonder if it's an affordable option for your home. The answer is “yes”. There are interior glass railing options for all kinds of budgets.
Installing frameless glass railings indoors, involves making choices about the look you want to achieve for a particular room. Costs vary with each railing system depending on a number of factors. Generally, a larger railing, with more customization, means more materials and labour, resulting in additional costs.
Factors influencing the price of interior glass railing
- Thickness of the glass: The panels consist of tempered glass which is very strong and safe. It comes in a wide variety of thicknesses, from 5mm-19mm. The price of the railing increases with the thickness of the glass.
- Finishes: Clear glass is a very popular option, however this is entirely customizable. It can be coloured, or texturized to add interest or opacity. It can also be etched with patterns or pictures. Price will vary depending on what finishes are chosen.
- Height and length of railing: This will need to be determined, as well as the shape, as it can be built to fit a curve. A longer railing will require more glass panels, and more hardware to support it.
- Additional hardware: Posts, top rails, handrails and end caps, if desired, all add to the total.
- Building codes could require certain elements to be present (handrails, for example). Each project is different and will be assessed by a professional installer.
Panorama Glass will work with you and your budget to design a beautiful frameless glass railing for your Vancouver home or business. Contact us for a free consultation.